Poroti School is the focal point of the Poroti Community, encompassing several generations of descendants of both Maori and European original settler families. The original school was built in 1879.
We are situated 20 minutes west of Whangarei, take a right at Maungatapere, we are 8 kms down Mangakahia Road. The district is made up of a mixture of lifestyle blocks, horticulture units and dairy farms.
We have extensive grounds with an established orchard, gardens, shaded playground and swimming pool, and a chicken coop. We are an Enviro-school and this aspect of the curriculum is important to us.