Mrs J’s Tuesday Learning

Good morning Room One. Thank you to those who shared their work. Looking forward to seeing more.

WHAT’S HAPPENING IN ROOM ONE TODAY?

• Writing – Tricky Tuesday 
  • Traditions:  Start a new one!
  • I AM A HERO TOO!
  • Maths: Geometry in buildings 
  • Quick Bites – These are the easier options!

NOTICES: 

• I have a Google Meet classroom. Go into Google classroom. Mrs J’s room. Click on link if you need me I am there to talk.
  • Don’t forget to share your work.
  • Choose your activities in any order from Quick Bites or Learning.  Have fun.
  • Tomorrow will be WONDERING WEDNESDAY!

Quick Bites : 

• Read a book from your box or home
  • Alphabet Thinking Key. Write down letters of the alphabet A – Z. Write down something you could do in LOCKDOWN beside each letter e.g. K – kickboxing, knitting, Karate,
  • Activity from your resource box

YOUR LEARNING: 

•  WRITING:  Tricky Tuesday click here
  • TRADITIONS:  Yesterday we talked about Traditions from our family from the past. Today we are looking at new ones that have started during this LOCKDOWN time.  Tell me about / take photos of / draw . . . What is a new tradition or routine you have started during Lockdown with your family.   It maybe just all sitting and having dinner together around the table, going outside a certain time for exercise, new recipes you are making, making your beds before you do your learning or have breakfast!
  • I AM A HERO TOO!  Yesterday we  watched a video and talked about Grassroots Heroes.  Today we are talking about YOU as a HERO!   Watch this You tube video (Watch out your parents might start singing along!)  and listen to the lyrics (the words) of the song Click here
  • THINK and TALK about these lyrics with someone in your bubble. 
  • “There’s a hero, if you look inside your heart.  You don’t have to be afraid of what you are.” What does this mean to you? 
  • “So when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong, and you’ll finally see the truth, that the hero lies in you” Can you think of a time that you wanted to give up or felt really sad about something?  What did you do to keep going? 
  • “And then the hero comes along, with the strength to carry on and you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive” Who is the hero that comes along?  Where can you look to give you strength and be strong?  
  • We have all had to find that hero inside of us during lockdown.  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO BE A HERO IN YOUR FAMILY during this time?

MATHS – GEOMETRY: 

You will have a list of 2D and 3D shapes.  Either make a ‘net’ plan out of paper or cardboard of your 3D shapes,  decorate the outside and put it together.  How many sides and vertices does it have?  OR make a template of one or two of your 2Dshapes and create a TESSELLATION ( repeated shapes with no gaps).  See examples: 

By | 2020-04-20T12:14:29+00:00 20th April 2020|Room 1 Home Learning|

About the Author:

I am the Teaching Principal of this amazing Kura of Poroti. I have been at Poroti for fourteen years. We have an awesome community involved in the teaching and learning of our tamariki. I enjoy playing hockey and walking with my husband Graeme for fitness. I enjoy the teaching aspect of my job, and love Science.

Leave A Comment