Mrs J’s Learning for Tuesday 28th April

Good morning Room 1. I hope you enjoyed the extra long weekend.  Now it’s time to turn those brains on again!  It’s back to school for the week.  The expectations of you have been lifted higher this week as it is now WEEK 3 of the Term.  Most of you have been managing your learning very well.  Keep it up.  It’s about Managing Self. 

Thank you to those who shared your Hero Productions and Famous Buildings – I was impressed with the effort and standard of those I have received so far.  I will post later this week. AWESOME effort and very imaginative.  GREAT learning, patience and persistence. 

WHAT’S HAPPENING IN ROOM ONE TODAY? 

• Visual Language – / Reading: ‘Catch It!’ 
  • Maths – Fractions 
  • Writing – Brainstorm ideas 
  • Quick Bites

NOTICES: 

• Read through the whole day before choosing.
  • Choose your tasks for the day – plan your day with breaks. 
  • Share your learning through Google platform – [email protected] (can email)
  • You are most welcome to join me in class for support – click Mrs J link

QUICK BITES:

• Lexia for 15 – 20 minutes
  • Action English from your resource box for those who have the books
  • Completing challenges from last week – Hero Productions and Famous buildings

MATHS: 

Studyladder:   Go to Studyladder and I have set FRACTIONS tasks for you.  Do at least 3 tasks on Fractions.  Don’t forget to watch tutorials first and do in the order they are set. 

Basic Facts learning:  Go over the basic facts flashcards you made or try these Fact Triangles:

CATCH IT- Video Clip 

Go to Google Classroom – Mrs J – Home Learning Week 3 – Do these in the order below:

Task One: – Catch It – Video Clip and questions on pausing the video (Everything you need is in the Google Classroom assignment)

Task Two  – Meerkat and Vulture Brainstorming of ideas

Remember if you need help click on Mrs J’s classroom link and I am there to support you.  

By | 2020-04-27T21:24:03+00:00 28th April 2020|Room 1 Home Learning|

About the Author:

I am the Teaching Principal of this amazing Kura of Poroti. I have been at Poroti for fourteen years. We have an awesome community involved in the teaching and learning of our tamariki. I enjoy playing hockey and walking with my husband Graeme for fitness. I enjoy the teaching aspect of my job, and love Science.

Leave A Comment