Room 2 Tuesday 12th May – Mrs Booth

Tēnā koutou!

Today I have a special song inspired by some students in our class! They showed me some of their home learning last week and I thought “Hey, that’s cool! I wonder if everyone else would like to do something like that?”

Watch the video and have a sing along if you know the words! There are two versions of this song included here, Te Reo Māori and English, you can listen to both or just pick one. Pay special attention because there are some questions to answer after…

• What is a taniwha?
  • Where was the taniwha swimming?
  • What is a taringa?
  • Name three things that the boy and the taniwha saw under the sea?
  • Did you see something that wasn’t quite right? What was it?
  • Where was the boys mother waiting?

Taniwha Challenge!

Have a go at creating your own taniwha! Click here for a create your own taniwha resource from twinkl  (you may want to download the alternative black and white version), or go solo and create your own from scratch. Think about whether it has horns, or scales, wings or claws, it’s size and how it moves. Feel free to pop into the classroom and show me your taniwha!

Bonus points if your taniwha has a name and you have created a story to go with it. Enjoy!

Find a pair!

Simply put, a ‘pair’ is two things that match or are used together. For example..

• two apples,
  • a pair of shoes,
  • a pair of earrings.

Or one thing that has two corresponding parts. For example..

• a pair of scissors,
  • a pair of pants.

Your challenge is to find as many pairs as you can in your house (or outside). Think outside the box and show me your ‘pairs’.

The Twits!

Join me in Room 2’s Google Classroom at 1.00pm to hear more about Mr. and Mrs. Twit! The next chapter is called ‘The Great Upside Down Monkey Circus’.

What’s going to happen???

See you then!

By | 2020-05-12T07:06:58+00:00 12th May 2020|Room 2 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Hi Team. I am Mrs Booth and I teach in the Junior Classroom on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. My family includes my lovely husband Andrew, our two daughters Tamsyn and Hannah, our dog Jade and our cat Jasper. We live on a dairy farm in Titoki and love our rural lifestyle. I am committed to providing positive learning experiences and opportunities for students to be the best versions of themselves. I am very thankful to be a part the wonderful Poroti School Community.

Leave A Comment