Poroti Seniors Walk up Parihaka!! By Emma

Memorial at Parihaka Summit

On Thursday the sixteenth of March, 2021 Term One Poroti seniors went up the amazing Parihaka! As I walked up, I thought ‘Wow, what an amazing place; we’re lucky that we got to go on a trip like this. Not everybody liked the walk up, they were all relieved to get to the top! I was grumpy when I got to the top, although I liked the tasks that Mrs Pye set us. It included sketching the maunga, reading the sign posts and drawing the entire view of Mt Maunu, Whatitiri, Mt Maungatapere and the Tangihua Range. As we finished our lunch, Mrs Pye questioned us on  the mountains and the Kohatu.

Close up of a Kauri Snail

When we were starting to go down, Mrs Pye told everyone to line up, and she would let people go after Maka, Lincoln’s dad, at a faster pace than what we did on the way up. Oriwa and I went down slower with Mrs Pye. We saw a few Kauri snails, and I took a picture of its shell. We went to the gold mine again and I saw glow worms!!

By | 2021-04-16T18:21:36+00:00 16th April 2021|Classes, EOTC, General, Room 1|

About the Author:

Emma
My name is Emma and I am 9 years old. At school I am a Year 5 and at school I like to do art . At home I like to read and write. I love my beautiful teachers and cats.

Leave A Comment