Going Luging on Camp Rotorua

A picture before our rides, next to Mr Jelly-Bean.

On Wednesday the 19th of November, the Senior class of Poroti School drove to the Luge in the town of Rotorua. We rode up the gondola to the Luge. On the way, we saw a young deer sitting down, and we arrived at the top of the Gondola. The rest of the class were there, waiting for us. Walking down the hill to the helmets, we chattered, talked about the Luge, decided what track we would go on, and reached the helmet boxes. Snapping the helmets on, we tightened them, loosened them, checked them with the  adults and lined up for the tickets that Mrs J held. When we got our tickets, we lined up at the First Ride? Line Up Here sign.

Me and Szaffi were Luging together, when Lincoln went past. I said to Szaffi, ‘ I’m gonna chase Lincoln.’ Szaffi nodded, and said she’d follow me. I increased my speed, zoomed after Lincoln, heard Szaffi go slightly faster, and follow me. I caught up with Lincoln rather easily, as he was going as slow as a granny. We spotted the Track Finishes, Slow Down! sign, Lincoln slowed down, but I kept my speed. I whizzed past him. Lincoln was a sore loser all the way to the rest of the activities, and back to the camp site. It didn’t matter. I had still won. I loved that win on the Luge. I recommend the Luge, when you are in Rotorua/Roto-Vegas as some call it.

By | 2022-11-28T17:44:16+00:00 28th November 2022|Classes, Room 1|

About the Author:

Emma
My name is Emma and I am 9 years old. At school I am a Year 5 and at school I like to do art . At home I like to read and write. I love my beautiful teachers and cats.

One Comment

1. Mrs J 29 November 2022 at 7:16 pm - Reply

Love this Emma. It was a great day at the Luge with the Room One kids.

Leave A Comment