Room 2 Wednesday 25th August

Room 2 Home Learning – Wednesday 25th August

Morena team! I thought it might be a good idea to start your day with a little bit of fitness! For each letter of your first name do the corresponding activity… you could even get the adults in your bubble to join in!

Here is the plan for today…

9.30am – Karakia and Attendance in the ‘Whole School’ Google Classroom.

‘Room 2’ Google Classroom for the rest of the day.

10.00am – Ag-Day Cover Page – every year, each student has a go at designing the front cover of our Poroti School Ag-Day Programme Cover.  There are a few rules…

• Your design must be on a white, A4 piece of paper,
  • It must be portrait orientation,
  • It must be completed in pencil only, no colour,
  • Your design must include the words ‘Poroti School’, and ‘Ag-Day 2021’,
  • Your design must be relevant to Ag-Day and Poroti School – no skeleton pirates, for example.

We will discuss this in class together before you begin this yourself. If you want some extra inspiration, click here for a short, farm animal drawing tutorial.

10.15am – Reading – As you work on your Ag-Day Covers I would like to read with some students. Please pick one of your books from your home learning pack and have it ready to read to me. I’ll let you know what time to pop into the Google Classroom.

11.00am – Morning Tea break!   

11.15am – SSD – ‘Super, Silent Drawing’ – I have a little surprise for you all! I managed to sneak ‘Stuart Little’ out of our classroom so we can continue the story in lockdown! Get your colouring pencils or crayons and join me in our Google Classroom.

11.30am Drumming! – Find yourself a couple of sticks, two rolled up newspapers, or a couple of kitchen pots (with permission, of course!) to bang together and lets do some drumming that would make Molly proud! Using this music, we’ll start with finding the beat together and moving, so make sure you have some space! Adults are welcome to join!

11.45 – S.T.E.A.M Challenge to finish off our day!  – If you want something to do for the afternoon, here is a design challenge for you to try. It’s called The Paper Boat Challenge’ and the idea is to design a boat from one A4 piece of paper propel it across water using only your breath, assuming it floats of course! Click here to open a link and print yourself a copy of the challenge. Remember to take pictures as evidence! Good luck!

Question time – As always, our ‘Room 2’ Google Classroom will be open until 12.30pm if you want to pop in and have a korero, ask some questions, or read to me if you missed out earlier 🙂

See you in class!

By | 2021-08-24T21:17:47+00:00 25th August 2021|Room 2 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Hi Team. I am Mrs Booth and I teach in the Junior Classroom on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. My family includes my lovely husband Andrew, our two daughters Tamsyn and Hannah, our dog Jade and our cat Jasper. We live on a dairy farm in Titoki and love our rural lifestyle. I am committed to providing positive learning experiences and opportunities for students to be the best versions of themselves. I am very thankful to be a part the wonderful Poroti School Community.

Leave A Comment