Room 2 Wednesday 29th April – Mrs Booth

Morena!

What have I got for you today??

Shared Story!

I will be in Room 2’s Google Classroom at 11am reading a chapter of ‘The Twits.’ by Roald Dahl. We started this book in Term 1 and it would be great to get back into it. So if anyone wants to join me and hear a bit more about what Mr and Mrs Twit have been up to then I will see you at 11am.

The Great Paper Plane Challenge!

Parents and Caregivers, this one’s for you as well 😉

Objective: Design a paper plane using specified materials that can fly a distance of at least 2 metres.

If you need a paper plane design to start you off, click here

Materials: 1 x A4 paper

Rules:

1. You can only use 1 piece of A4 paper to make your paper plane.
  2. You cannot cut your paper. It must be folded into the shape you want.
  3. You may decorate your plane using pencil, felt, crayon etc but you cannot attach anything to it.
  4. Your plane must fly a distance of at least 2 metres, unaided, other than you throwing it. For example, you cannot use a fan to help it go further. That’s cheating!

Once you have your completed paper plane design, take a picture of it and you are ready to fly!

How far did your paper plane fly?

How did you measure that?

Do you want to try a different design and see what happens?

Did anyone else in your bubble make a paper plane?

Did your plane fly further than theirs?

Did you all use the same design? If not, which one worked best and why?

Here is an added challenge for you, if you’re keen. This could be a really fun game for your whole bubble.

If you have got a large piece of paper or cardboard at home (or you could use seperate, smaller pieces if that works) cut some different sized holes and allocate a certain number of points per hole.

Smaller holes could have a larger number of points (because they’re more challenging) and larger holes have less points.

Hang your holes in doorway and see if you can fly your paper plane through them.

You get 5 turns each and the person with the most points at the end wins!

Good luck whanau!

Home Learning Boxes

Don’t forget that there are heaps of learning activities and suggestions in the Home Learning packs that were sent home from school and the resources sent from Ministry of Education. If you’re ever stuck for something to do, you can pick something out of there to have a go at 🙂

By | 2020-04-28T12:33:16+00:00 29th April 2020|Room 2 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Hi Team. I am Mrs Booth and I teach in the Junior Classroom on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. My family includes my lovely husband Andrew, our two daughters Tamsyn and Hannah, our dog Jade and our cat Jasper. We live on a dairy farm in Titoki and love our rural lifestyle. I am committed to providing positive learning experiences and opportunities for students to be the best versions of themselves. I am very thankful to be a part the wonderful Poroti School Community.

Leave A Comment