Room 2 Monday 4th May – Mrs Booth

Morena Koutou!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Welcome to Week 4!

Story time!

Enjoy watching and listening to ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ by Eric Carle. See if you can answer the questions on the post without watching it again 🙂

If you have this book at home, feel free to read it together instead of watching the video.

• Where was the little caterpillars egg?
  • What did the little caterpillar eat first?
  • What did the little caterpillar eat after he ate through two pears?
  • How many strawberries did the little caterpillar eat?
  • Why do you think the little caterpillar had a sore tummy?
  • Which food do you think the little caterpillar enjoyed the most? Why?
  • What happened to the big, fat caterpillar?

If you’re feeling really clever and creative, you can write a story about what happened next to the butterfly….

Start with “Gracefully, the beautiful butterfly…” and carry on from there.

Butterfly Hunt!

Head outside and see if you can find any butterflies around your house or in your garden. What did you see? How many did you find? Did you see any hungry caterpillars?

Caterpillar Craft!

I challenge you to make your own caterpillar using materials you have at home (ask an adult first please). You can use egg cartons, natural materials, recycling, newspaper, wool, you are limited only by your own imagination! Here are some pictures you can use for inspiration.

Feel free to send me pictures of your caterpillars! Or you could meet me in Room 2’s Google Classroom and show me.

If you want to try out a recipe for DIY paint, depending on your flour situation and how your feel about using it for craft, try equal parts flour, salt and water with your chosen food colouring 🙂 Otherwise felt, crayons or pencils will be just as lovely!

Have a great day!

By | 2020-05-03T08:50:47+00:00 4th May 2020|Room 2 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Hi Team. I am Mrs Booth and I teach in the Junior Classroom on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. My family includes my lovely husband Andrew, our two daughters Tamsyn and Hannah, our dog Jade and our cat Jasper. We live on a dairy farm in Titoki and love our rural lifestyle. I am committed to providing positive learning experiences and opportunities for students to be the best versions of themselves. I am very thankful to be a part the wonderful Poroti School Community.

Leave A Comment