Room 2 Thursday 7 May – Mrs Grenfell

Good morning Everybody

Get ready for a Writing ADVENTURE today!

You have been learning about The Very Hungry Caterpillar and now you are going to BE the beautiful butterfly that comes out of the chrysalis! Use your creative thinking to write a story telling me WHAT happened after you squeezed out of the chrysalis, WHAT you looked like and what you DID! You can write your story in your Writing book or on a piece of paper and then read it to me in our Room 2 Google classroom – I would also love to see a picture of your butterfly.

Pēhea te hanga rākau  

How to make Rākau

Today you are going to make your own Rākau sticks – Liz from Kiwi Can is going to show you how to make them. Ask someone from your bubble to make some too and then you can do the actions to the music of E Papa Waiari.

Here are the words to E Papa Waiari

You can watch the children  doing the actions and then have a go!

Recorded by Te Kohanga Reo o Ranana in 2004.

Butterfly MATHS!  

You are going to have a go at learning your doubles to 10 and 20. When you double a number, you add that number to itself. So double 1 is 1 + 1 and it equals 2, double 2 is 2 + 2 and it equals 4. Have a look at these – can you see the number of dots are the same on each side of the butterfly’s wings?

At 11:30 today you can join my Maths workshop on doubles, by visiting our Room 2 Google classroom.

By | 2020-05-05T18:25:07+00:00 6th May 2020|Room 2 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Teacher, mum and nana, that's me! I love being part of sharing learning in Room 2 at Poroti School, where I work on Thursdays and Fridays and also do some relief teaching as well. When I'm not teaching, I knit, sew and crochet, read heaps of books and bake for my family. We have chickens, fruit trees, grow our own vegetables and live off the land in a chemically reduced way - eliminating plastic and toxic sprays. I also make my own soap and body care products.

Leave A Comment