Room 2 Friday 8 May – Mrs Grenfell

Good morning everybody

Thank you to all the students and their whanau for the great work you are sharing with us. Please remember that all your Home Learning challenge work, as well as anything else you share, can be seen in “View Children’s Home Learning” in your own gallery.

It’s FUN FRIDAY!!!

Our Friday poem always links to our learning and this week you’ve done lots of activities about caterpillars and butterflies. Today’s poem has some actions you can do and is called Pretty Butterfly. 

Next, you’re going on a………………Nature Scavenger Hunt.

See if you can find all these things, then take a photo and ask your adult to email it to me. Good luck!

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH………… It’s a secret

On Sunday it is Mothers’ Day – a day to be extra kind to our mums and nanas who take care of us. Before Lockdown, we were practising how to draw self portraits. You will need to think about all the things we needed to remember to add to our faces, because today, you’re going to do a MUM portrait that’s a little different, to give her on Mother’s Day. After you’ve drawn Mum or Nana, you will need to find her some “hair” – flowers, leaves, sticks or grass. Have a look at these ideas.

By | 2020-05-07T13:58:57+00:00 7th May 2020|Room 2 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Teacher, mum and nana, that's me! I love being part of sharing learning in Room 2 at Poroti School, where I work on Thursdays and Fridays and also do some relief teaching as well. When I'm not teaching, I knit, sew and crochet, read heaps of books and bake for my family. We have chickens, fruit trees, grow our own vegetables and live off the land in a chemically reduced way - eliminating plastic and toxic sprays. I also make my own soap and body care products.

Leave A Comment