Room 2 Thursday 2 September 2021

A very good morning to you all!

Another Thinking Thursday in Lockdown, so let’s get ready………

Our day looks like this…

9:30 am Karakia and Attendance in the ‘Whole School’ Google classroom

‘Room 2’ Google classroom for the rest of the day.

I hope you are enjoying working on the activities in your workbooks. When we go back to school, we will share the work we have done in them. Remember, you can do these at any time that works for your family. If you need to contact me, my email address is: [email protected]

9:45am To start our day, you will need to get your Home Learning Book or a piece of paper and a pencil. We will do a fun activity together.

10:00am Maths – Whole class

Warm up: Guess my number

We are focusing on making patterns today. We will create patterns using objects in our homes and our gardens.

Symphony Maths group: Login to your page and work on this. If you need a code, pop into the classroom and let me know.

11:00am – 11:15am  Morning tea

11:15am – 12:00 – Reading Poem – Welcome Spring! We will read the poem together and then you will work on a Spring craft activity.

12:00 – 12:30pm Spelling – using your Spelling lists in your Google drive folder, write your words 3 times in bright SPRING colours! Please show me or send a photo of your beautiful words.

A to Z Spelling group MUST do at least one activity.

Writing – Jethro, Aimi, Sonny, Szaffi and Kimberlee – we will work on your book recommendation task.

After you have had your lunch, you can choose the activities you would like to do for the afternoon:

• Carry on with your Spring craft
  • Read to yourself or to a family member
  • Play a board or card game – snakes and ladders, snap
  • Tidy your room
  • Do a dance
  • Sing a song

Last week we had some amazing tunes created by Jethro, Marley and Tayla.

Have a go and see what you can do! You can save your tune and email the “embed code” to me and I can add it to our Room 2 tunes post.

https://musiclab.chromeexperiments.com/Song-Maker

Remember to take care of each other, be kind, say nice words and use your School Values.

By | 2021-09-01T09:50:27+00:00 2nd September 2021|Room 2 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Teacher, mum and nana, that's me! I love being part of sharing learning in Room 2 at Poroti School, where I work on Thursdays and Fridays and also do some relief teaching as well. When I'm not teaching, I knit, sew and crochet, read heaps of books and bake for my family. We have chickens, fruit trees, grow our own vegetables and live off the land in a chemically reduced way - eliminating plastic and toxic sprays. I also make my own soap and body care products.

Leave A Comment